Friday 30 December 2011

You Are My Sunshine

I was asked on a question on a social networking site, one that actually got me to type out more than a one sentence answer. I felt sharing.

Share the story of something that makes you smile
My cat, Sirius! My whole life I always wanted a cat, I can’t remember a time when I didn’t. We had a dog the first few years of my life, which I loved but I don’t really remember much of that. When my sister and I moved with Mama into my now step-father’s house he had a dog and a cat. I was so excited to have a cat in my life, but it wasn’t my cat, this was a new cat that didn’t care too much for a new stranger in it’s life. The next year we had to get Sheeba put down, which was really had for everybody especially my step-dad. After that he said he’d never get another cat. My dreams of my own pet seemed to be crushed. In 2007 my Gramma became quite sick and there wasn’t anything that could be done to help it. The day I last saw her, we went to visit her in the hospital. Before hand I went to see some new born kittens that a friend of the family’s cat had had. I fell in love with one of the two black kittens. The little male black kitten, even though he was barely two weeks he seemed to be one the strongest of the litter, and had a lot of personality. About a month later the family started looking for homes for the kittens, around the same time I was going through the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with, losing Gramma. My mom had noticed how hard I had been taking this, and she knew I had fallen in love with this cat. She asked my step-dad about it, but he was against it. Mama knew it was because he didn’t want to replace Sheeba, but this wasn’t that. (Dave now loves Sirius more than anything) We went against his wishes and we brought Sirius into the house. We bought the food, litter box, litter, everything we needed and kept it out of sight in my room until the day of Sirius’ arrival. The day he was brought to my house I remember coming home from school, my mom told me she wanted to talk to me upstairs. I had this strange feeling, like she was going to tell me somebody died. Then she told me somebody was waiting for me in my room. I didn’t understand, but I opened my bedroom door and walked into my room to seem this tiny little black ball of fluff. I fell in love with him instantly. He bought so much happiness into my life when I had sort of lost hope. Although he’s far from the size he was when he first came into my life I love him more than anything and it’s so hard to imagine a time without him.

2 comments:

  1. I have a black cat too! I love cats!
    You have a pretty interesting blog.
    Follow mine?
    http://jumpingjac.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really nice post!:)
    Lovely greetings xx

    Would be really happy about a visit;):
    design-is-wonderful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete