Thursday 28 June 2012

Wait, I actually did that!?

For the past year I've been wanting to try my hand at running. A few years ago my mom got into running and since I've always though "yeah it would be nice to run a 5km" but I never did it.

Last year I was going to attempt to, I had found this couch to 5km training program that I was going to follow and everything!

Of course, my laziness got the best of me and that didn't happen.

This year though, I did it!

It was a pretty spur-of-the-moment decision.

My mom and my aunt knew they were going to do the run, and about two weeks before hand I decided I would too!

This was my first time running any sort of distance larger than the width of a parking lot.

If I wouldn't have had my iPod, I may not have been able to finish!

My final time was 49:19 for 6km which I still can't believe I completed my first 6km ever in under a hour!

Running in an organized run was never anything I thought I'd do, but I did it!

Stepped completely out of my comfort zone and you know what? It felt AWESOME! (However the two days afterward did not feel so great, man was I sore!)

1 comment: