Monday 3 October 2011

Time for change!

Today I decided to change the title of this blog along with the looks of it. I like it, it looks pretty and maybe with me loving how it looks I'll be more inclined to update this. We'll see how that logic works out.

The past two nights I've spent at my grandparent's with my mom. It's nice to get away from home every now and then, a change of scenery and new conversation partners are always a plus! I've always loved sitting around the kitchen table at my grandmother's with my family and talking. Last night my grandmother was talking about this group that she's in. They meet once a week and there's always a different topic of conversation and they do little ice-breaker games and things like that. It sounded right up my alley. I'm lacking a lot in the friend department, and with my anxiety it isn't easy for me to just push myself to socialize (even though I love talking to people once a topic I feel comfortable comes up). It seems like the thing for me to do right now is to contact a counselor, I'm thinking of making an appointment with this one lady I used to see between the ages of fifteen and sixteen. I'm hoping she'd be able to refer me to some kind of group where I can be with other people and have a chance to talk about things and get to know people. I also wouldn't mind making talking about my anxiety some (since I haven't talked about to any sort of professional) and maybe work on some ways of tackling that since it now has been affecting my every day life more and more.

Earlier this evening my mom and I went for a short walk, I'm not not sure how far in distance we walked, or even how long we walked but it was nice. Tomorrow I'm attending a U-Fit class with her, I'm looking forward to a nice work-out! I figure there's nothing wrong with spending a hour doing some cardio and strength training while listening to great pump-up music and being in a group of positive people. Plus, I like having something to do. I really need to start searching for little activities to do during the week. Without having many hours of work a week I have a lot of free time, and I mean a lot so any little thing helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment