Tuesday 25 October 2011

Pre-Interview Jitters

As I'm sitting here at the moment I'm waiting for the clock to turn to 10AM so I can call up a cab to make it to my 10:30 interview at Canadian Tire. I've been sending out a few applications each month looking for a job that can offer me more hours and also get me away from working around food. It was almost hard to believe when my mom called me up yesterday saying that Canadian Tire actually called back! I'm applying for a cashier position, I've never worked in retail but I feel confident that if I was given the position that I'd do a great job!

The job I currently have, cleaning tables at Rufus and Rory's was my first job, and I was lucky to not have to deal with any of that dreaded interview stuff with this job because the diner is owed by my step-father and his best friend. It's been a while since I've been to a job interview, since 2009. The last interviews I had were two separate interviews for the same position at Tim Horton's, and I didn't get the job.

I'll admit, I'm pretty nervous. I was nervous enough just calling them to set up an interview time. I worry a lot though, and every little thing makes me nervous, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'll be sure to share how my interview went, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment