Sunday 22 April 2012

♡ Jacket Appreciation ♡

We all have those few articles of clothing that we can't get enough of right? Shoes, dresses, pants, shirts, it can be anything. For me that extra special item is my jacket.

Last May I was at a local thrift store with my soul sister bff and I found this HUGE army jacket and I just fell in love. I knew instantly that I wanted to just cover it in amazing pins, patches and what not.

My first additions were to the back. I had been holding onto my Sparks t-shirt since the age of six and from time to time I was still squeezing myself into it. I cut up the front and sewed it on the back of the jacket, but that wasn't enough. I found an old Hello Kitty pajama top that was too small when I received it so out came the scissors and Hello Kitty soon joined the back and was quickly surrounded by some silver studs.

Since then I've added a few handful of pins and patches, with my most recent addition being a Ryan Gosling "hey girl" patch on one of the lower pockets.

I was so excited when the weather finally started looking up so I could break it out of my closet again since it's so thin. It's the perfect adventure coat. It's thin, and since it's so big it's easy to layer underneath, plus there's tons of pocket space, and well it's just awesome!





No comments:

Post a Comment