Sunday 9 October 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

I love Autumn. I mean, don't get me wrong I love summer, but there's just something so magical almost about this time of year. Maybe it's the fact that Halloween is one of my most favorite times of the year.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so this evening I'll have a bunch of family arriving to eat at my place. In total there is going to be a crowd of 12 of us, which is exciting! We don't usually get many visitors in the run of a year, so we try to make the best of it. This year my sister is bringing her girlfriend Colleen and her children to dinner. The more the merrier!

Since today is more than likely going to be the last time we have company before Christmas, I took this opportunity to get a little bit of Halloween decorating done. We live in the country, and get a total of zero trick or treaters at Halloween, but that doesn't stop me from decorating! I snapped a few pictures on my cell phone that I'll share, so you can what I've got done!

I also finally decided on and bought my Halloween costume! I'm being a rag doll, I'm quite exciting about it.

Work is calling my name, I have to leave in ten minutes. I work until 2:30 then I'm coming home to get ready for our company. I'll leave you with a quick list of some things that I'm thankful for, enjoy the rest of your weekend!
  1. My cat, Sirius. He came into my life at a time where I really needed him and he will always be the love of my life.
  2. My best friend, Daniella. Even though she's half-ways across the country our bond is still as strong as ever. I honestly can't imagine life without her. I'm so thankful to have someone as amazing as her as my cousin and best friend.
  3. My mama! She's done a lot for me and my sister growing up, and it never stops. She is one of the most supporting people I know and I couldn't ask for anything more.
  4. Running water! I'm so glad I can drink my tap water and it is safe, and delicious and just the fact that I am lucky enough to have tap water.
  5. A roof over my head and food in the cupboards. Thanksgiving, Christmas and just normal days there are people all over who are struggling to find a place to sleep at night and don't know when there next meal is going to be. So many people take this for granted, please appreciate what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment