Thursday 17 November 2011

Things I Love Thursday

I know, I know I've been neglecting this blog. I have valid excuses though! Last week I started at a new job. Instead of relying on one day a week of cleaning tables, I now work part-time as a survey interviewer at a marketing research firm. To make it short, I call your house and ask if you want to do a survey. I'm back on track though and I'm hoping to update a few times a week again, but for now enjoy this week's installment of TILT.

Illustration by Emma D. from Rookie
Yesterday I was introduced to Rookie, which is the best website I have ever been on. I quickly switched my homepage from Google to Rookie. I can't stop reading their articles, and I can't stop listening to their weekly Friday Playlists! What is Rookie? I'll give you their own words;
"Rookie is an online publication for teenage girls featuring writing, photography, illustrations, videos, and more from a lovely staff and our readers. The site features monthly “issues,” each revolving around a theme. We post just three times a day – after school, after dinner, and before bed."If you take anything from this week's TILT I hope you take the time to check out this website, you won't be disappointed.

I can't remember a time where I wasn't a Star Wars fan. My dad was a big fan so I was introduced to the characters at a fairly young age. I even remember watching taped episodes of the Ewoks cartoon, which I preferred over Care Bears. I just can't get enough Star Wars. I love stumbling upon comical Star Wars pictures when I'm browsing the web, I always feel the need to share them too.

This is Jetta's TRU manifesto. Jetta runs an amazing blog called The Radical Uprise. She has a great weekly installment on her blog called "Seven Ways To Kick This Week's Ass", which I love reading every week. Check out  what I mean here. If you dig what you see on her blog you should consider browsing her Etsy shop, I've purchased some great zines and pins from there!

I love the 90s. I loved being a child in the 90s, but I also often wish I could have been a teen/early adult during those years. I find the style was the great, and I'm always looking at pictures of celebs or fashion shows from the 90s. One of my current favorite blogs on Tumblr is 90sdrewbarrymore which is you guessed it, packed full of adorable, sexy and fashionable photos of Drew Barrymore from the 90s, what's not to love?

I hope you all enjoyed this week's TILT, even if it was basically me swooning over websites I love. Let me know if you checked any out, I'd love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment